Find Your Role at Elo
Field Application Engineers focus on pre- and after-sales technical activities and play a very important internal and external customer consulting and project management role for new designs or applications using new and existing technologies and/or products. As an FAE you serve internal and external customers as technical point of contact across the entire spectrum of software and hardware.
- Assist customers in determining the appropriate solution by understanding their detailed application requirements, specifications, and environment.
- Translate customer project needs, issues, quality levels and later service needs into viable solution-driven specifications.
- Translate customer needs in robust internal specifications and coordinate the solution with product management and engineering
- Evaluate feasibility of projects and provide input on the scope of effort and time required to achieve success
- Assess and document the specific project requirements and environment
- Support the sales team in building appropriate proposals and presentations Document and report any problems during the implementation phase
- Obtain written customer satisfaction confirmation
- Become and act as the project manager for the customer from initiation to design closure: take ownership, communicate, track and coordinate
- Provide customer training
- Provide feedback to engineering that the delivered products meet customer expectations Participate in sales presentations to customers and/or business partners
- Participate in beta testing of products
- Inform sales about prospective sales opportunities
- Accountable for global account project management/leadership, including but not limited to global project coordination, account relationship
- Meet with executives, engineering, and purchase community, collaborating with Touch Solutions’ engineering and product management
- Troubleshoot specific customer related application challenges and coordinate/implement field upgrades of software and/or hardware
- Participate in exhibitions
Specific Professional Skills
- High energy and ability to thrive in a fast pace culture
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
- Ability to coordinate projects across an entire organization
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to negotiate technical content with executives at all levels of an organization
- Ability to analyze customer needs and product requirements and deliver complete system solutions
- Ability to manage key customer projects and drive increased revenue
- Good verbal and written communication skills Ability to handle high stress customer negotiation
- Work with minimal supervision – self starter
- Fluency in German and English, proficiency in any other European language is considered a plus.
- Driving license
Ideal Background and Desired Experience
- 5 or more years engineering or technical sales experience and proven track record
- B.S. Degree in Electronics, Computer Science, IT or related field. Other higher education with 5 years plus technical experience acceptable.
- Solid experience with customer facing technical support
- Knowledge of Android, Android Enterprise, Endpoint management systems, Linux, Windows and hardware in retail POS and Digital Signage.
- Extensive experience supporting cross-border customers and communicating well in English and German.
- Broad project management skills
Note: this is a home based position
At Elo, We…
- Are passionate about creating great tech solutions for our customers.
- Win together with our teams, our customers, our partners.
- Bring our ideas & logic. We debate openly, but also respectfully.
- Are global and diverse. Elo is Everywhere and Everyone.
- Work hard & have fun. We are our true selves at work.
- Make it happen. Persistence, results, and integrity win the day.
- Own our future. Every today counts for tomorrow.